(updated April 2022)
-Please see updated guidance here. From CDC Website
(Close contact is defined as 6 feet or less for a total of 15 minutes or more over 24 hours, regardless of mask wearing.... We will continue to wear our masks, but note that this does not exempt you from being contact traced currently)
Guidance for when to QT, when to stay home, etc. WHEN IN DOUBT, STAY OUT
If you had COVID-19 and had symptoms, isolate for at least 5 days. To calculate your 5-day isolation period, day 0 is your first day of symptoms. Day 1 is the first full day after your symptoms developed. You can leave isolation after 5 full days.
You can end isolation after 5 full days if you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved (Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation).
You should continue to wear a well-fitting mask around others at home and in public for 5 additional days (day 6 through day 10) after the end of your 5-day isolation period. If you are unable to wear a mask when around others, you should continue to isolate for a full 10 days. Avoid people who have weakened immune systems or are more likely to get very sick from COVID-19, and nursing homes and other high-risk settings, until after at least 10 days.
If you continue to have fever or your other symptoms have not improved after 5 days of isolation, you should wait to end your isolation until you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved. Continue to wear a well-fitting mask through day 10. Contact your healthcare provider if you have questions.
- We would like to reassure you that we are adhering to the CDC Guidelines as the health and wellbeing of our students, their families, and our staff are our top priority. We will continue to monitor and implement the local, state, and federal recommendations as they’re announced
- We are encouraging the use of our Online Portal to make online payments to ACH (automatic checking withdraw). This is a withdraw that comes directly from your checking account. Our payment software never shares your account information - it is a secure payment processing software. We do not accept credit cards at this time. The front desk is to remain closed for the time being. If you cannot make online payments, you can use our black lock-box located in the building's main lobby. It is hanging on the wall directly to your right as you walk in. Please write your dancers name on a sealed envelope and be sure to record what the payment is for.
- Front desk/reception remains closed.
- All students will sanitize their hands upon arrival and exit to and from the building.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned between groups/classes. Only one dancer in the bathroom at a time.